A List of 10 Lessons I've Learned So Far in 2016
2016 has been a major year in my life. I've grown up so much and I've truly learned lessons this year that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Here's a list of 10 lessons I've learned so far in 2016..
1. Not everyone you love is meant to stay in your life forever.
2. Forgiveness is less about the other person, and more for your own peace of mind.
3. Kill people with kindness. It definitely affects them more than any insult or punch ever will.
4. Tell your friends and family you believe in them, it truly does make a world of difference and reminds them that you're there for them and that someone is rooting for their success.
5. Start each day with "Today is going to be a good day". Speaking positivity into the universe will attract it towards you, trust me.
6. Never get accustomed to a point in your life, continue to strive for better.
7. Keep negative people away! Remember what I said about the universe, if you let negative energy into your life it will only attract more towards you.
8. Travel outside of your comfort zone. Whether its across the city, nation or ocean go somewhere you've never been and truly immerse yourself in the location. Better yet, go alone.
9. Don't feel forced to continue something you're no longer passionate about because others want you too.
10. Stand up for what you believe in but know when the battle is worth the fight. Sometimes silence is the best defense. (Probably the hardest lesson for me to soak in since I can never shut my mouth)
What lessons have you learned so far in 2016? Let me know in the comments below!